Modified with Law 22/2021 of 2021/12/28. Entered into force 2022/01/01.
Chapter III. Section 5.
- The substitute person liable for the Vessel Charge will be invoiced (in licensed berths, it will be the licence holder).
- Whether they use the waste reception service or not, all vessels berthing at each call are charged, except for those that are inactive, under construction, need large scale repair or are being broken up. The service entitles vessels to unload all the liquid wastes included in Annex l and the solid ones included in Annex V of the Marpol Convention for collection in Zone 1 of the Port for the first seven days of the call.Vessels will pay the corresponding tariff for the volumes gathered directly to the service provider for waste discharges under Annexes lV and Vl, as well as those carried out after the seventh day of the call.
The fixed tariff for the reception of vessel-generated waste is compulsory for all vessels during each call made to the port and with a maximum of once each seven days, except for the discounts and reductions set out in Section (5) below.
- The fixed levy to be applied to vessels for each call at port shall be the result of the product of the basic quantity (R1) multiplied by the following coefficients, according to gross vessel GT.
VESSEL SIZE (GT) FIXED LEV: a) Vessels between 0 and 2,500 GT = R1 x 1.50 b) Vessels between 2,501 and 25,000 GT = R1 x (6 x 10-4 x GT) c) Vessels between 25,001 and 100,000 GT = R1 x [(1.2 x 10-4 x GT) + 12] d) Vessels over 100,000 GT = R1 x 24.00
To the previous tariff, in the case of passenger-carrying vessels such as ferries, ROPAX and cruisers, will be added the resultant of the product of the basic amount (R2) multiplied by the number of passengers on board the vessel as stated in the Ship’s Passenger List, and to whose effect both passengers and crew will be computed.
The rate for the basic amount (R1) is fixed at 80€, except for passenger vessels which will be 75€, and that of the basic amount (R2) 0.25€. Such amounts can be revised in the Law for General Spanish State Budgets, or in any other law passed to these effects, according to costs development in the ports system.
A correction coefficient of 1.05 will be applied to the amount of this tariff.
- The fixed tariff will increase by 25% when wastes are collected by sea means.
- a) – 20% when the vessel is in possession of a certificate issued by the Maritime Administration stating that it generates reduced waste quantities.
- b) – 50% when during a call the vessel does not discharge any wastes under Annex l, and demonstrates through a certificate issued by the Maritime Administration that such wastes were discharged, and the payment of the corresponding tariffs for the same, was effected in the last port of call.
- c) Vessels operating as regular traffic that can show through a certificate issued by the Maritime Administration that a plan exists guaranteeing the delivery of vessel-generated wastes under Annexes l and V:
100 x ( 1 – 0.30/n-1) n (no. ports) = 2
During the call when delivery takes place the total amount of the fixed tariff must be paid. In any case, the vessels in question will not pay the corresponding tariff at each port of call more than once each seven days.
When the vessel has a plan that only guarantees the delivery of Annex V solids, the discount will be one third of that corresponding to such cases; if the vessel has a plan only guaranteeing the delivery of Annex l liquid wastes, there will be a two-thirds discount.