TEN-T 2012 MAP Call – Efficient operations and environmental performance improvement of the Port of Bilbao
The objectives of the action is on line with the Port of Bilbao’s Company & Master Plan and contribute to the sustainable performance of multimodal logistic chains by increasing port capacity and enabling to facilitate road freight shift to waterborne transport
- Activity 1: Lenghtening of the Punta Sollana Breakwater
from 350 m to 680 m 35.315.000 Euros
- Activity 2: Depth increase & reinforcement of the Axpe Docks from 2 m to 7 m 2.845.000 Euros
- Activity 3: Reconstruction of Ro – Ro linkspan Nr. 4 Increase the linkspan’s capacity from. 125 t to 250 t and improve its design to reduce vessel turnaround time by 15% 2.430.000 Euros
Total elegible costs: ………………….40.590.000 Euros
EU financial support (10%): …………. 4.059.000 Euros
TEN-T 2012 MAP Call
Efficient Operations & Environmental Performance Improvement of the Port of Bilbao (2013-2015)
1) Axpe Docks on the river. Its depth was increased from 3 to 7 m. Dock area increased by 2,300 sq m, and a new 115 metre-berthing was built. These allow larger vessels operations (of up to 5,000 DWT) for the transport of H&H cargoes being produced in this site. Works are completed.
3) To lengthen Punta Sollana Breakwater from 350 m to 680 m to boost solid & liquid bulk traffics. Works in progress.
2) Modification of Ro-Ro ramp nº 4 to boost ro-ro traffic at Dock AZ3. Works are completed.