The PORT AUTHORITY OF BILBAO considers the management of Quality, Prevention, the Environment and of a Healthy Organisation as priority activities inside the organisation, and understands them as follows:
- The satisfaction at all times of its customer and user needs and expectations.
- The acknowledgement of the right of its workers and other involved parties to health protection and integrity at work.
- Exercising adequate control over those significant aspects derived from its activities that might produce a negative impact on the environment.
- The promotion of health outside the workplace with regard to the epidemiologic characteristics of their community group.
In consequence, the following commitments have been established, declared and assumed:
- Systematization of the actions for the planning, introduction, supervision and continuous improvement during the complete cycle of the activity to be achieved:
- The final quality of services provided to customers, users and affected third parties.
- Integration of risk prevention at work within the activities as a whole.
- Prevention of environmental contamination in their fields of activities.
- Providing the tools and services that enable worker implication in the development and enjoyment of their health.
- Coordination and cooperation with other involved parties.
- Identification and systematic permanent updating of legal demands, current norms or other requirements such as the basic criteria to establish commitments to quality, prevention, the environment and healthy organisation in its services and activities.
- To establish, document and revise annually at least, the objectives and initiatives for each of the functions and the levels affected.
- To make the Management Policy available to employees, customers, users, third parties involved, Administrations and the public at large.
To achieve and maintain the above-mentioned commitments, the PORT AUTHORITY OF BILBAO has adopted the management models set out in Regulations UNE-EN-ISO 9001, OSHAS 18001, UNE-EN-ISO 14001 as well as the latest revised version of the Model for the Healthy Organisation, and designed and introduced an Integrated Management System within an:
“Integrated Logistics Management and Port Services Provision”